Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Playing Catchup

I finally started this blog during my two week wait.  I had thought about it for some time, but wasn't sure I wanted to devote an entire blog to this process.  I mean, I have my professional blog that I am not even regular with, so what am I doing starting this one?

Well, I need a place to vent, I guess.  I've been looking at so many of your blogs through CycleSista and it has helped me to know that I am not alone. 

As I said I am in the 2ww- of my 2nd ivf.  The first one didn't even get to the retrieval stage because I 'broke through' the Lupron.  So, here I am- 8 days past day 3 transfer of one 'AA' 8 cell fertilized egg. 
I am waffling so much between trying to stay positive and also not getting too excited for fear of yet another let down.   Previous to this, we tried 2 IUI's both BFN's.  Waaaaaay earlier in the game, I had one early miscarriage- before we even started down this 'infertility' path. 

There is nothing technically wrong with me or my man- just age.  The diagnosis we have is "diminished ovarian reserve with mild male factor".  Such lovely wording.  

So, here I am with my fingers crossed.  Looking for some others to talk to me while we wait.  Leave me a comment and let me know you are out there, girlies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment